What is Advance Care Planning?
Advance Care Planning is a process to plan for a time when you cannot make your own medical decisions and are unlikely to recover from illness or injury.
Thursday Afternoons by Appointment Only.
Call (805) 681-6599
Advance Care Planning Facilitator (ACP), Rev. Laura Mancuso, will be available to meet with patients, families and caregivers.
Location: Sansum Clinic 317 W. Pueblo Street, Santa Barbara
What is the goal of an advance care planning visit?
With the help of the Advance Care Planning Facilitator you will:
- Select a qualified healthcare agent to act on your behalf.
- Explore your values, goals, beliefs and preferences for your healthcare.
- Understand your current health status and expected course of illness.
- Document name of your healthcare agent and preferences in an Advance Directive.
- Complete a POLST (Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment) if appropriate.
- Share decisions with loved ones and healthcare providers.
- Record your Advance Care Plan in your electronic health record.
Advance Care Planning (ACP) is brought to you in collaboration with Alliance for Living and Dying Well. This service is free of charge.
Advance Directives Workshop
Hear a presentation on Advance Care Planning, get one-to-one help with your own document, and have your questions answered.
2nd Monday of each month.
10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
Sansum Clinic, 215 Pesetas Lane, Santa Barbara, 3rd floor conference room
RSVP online at sansumclinic.org/classes or call toll-free (866) 829-0909
NEW! Advance Care Planning workshops are now offered in Lompoc!
Advance Care Planning workshops will help you:
- Learn about the Advance Directive for Health Care
- Get your questions answered
- Get one-on-one help completing your documents
Workshops will be offered on August 24 and November 9 at Lompoc Multi-Specialty Clinic, 1225 North H Street, Lompoc, CA 93436.