The Sansum Clinic Family Medicine Department provides primary care for children from one day old through adulthood. The practice of Family Medicine is distinguished by understanding the importance of the family unit in all its forms. Our dual-emphasis on treatment and prevention helps you to maintain good health through all stages of life.
Our large team of physicians and support staff brings expertise in all aspects of health and wellness, including:
- Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine
- Adult and Geriatric Medicine
- Stress Management and Mental Health
- Underserved Populations
- Sports Medicine (including sports physicals and sports injuries)
- Cross-Cultural Issues
We offer Family Medicine at a number of locations. Please click on the links below for phone, fax, hours and directions.
Benefits of Family Medicine Practice
The Family Medicine Department offers the advantage of access to the full range of Sansum Clinic resources, including:
- Prompt access to specialty care and urgent care services
- Appointment scheduling
- Physicians' desktop access to state-of-the-art digital x-ray results
- Unified medical records (e.g. charts, history)
- Convenient locations throughout Santa Barbara County
- Outstanding physician and nursing care
Appointments & Scheduling
The Family Medicine team does our best to schedule appointments in a timely and convenient manner. We work with other departments to conveniently schedule multiple appointments on the same day for our patients that travel to us from out of the area. Appointments are generally available for acute care within the same week and for preventative and non urgent issues within 2-3 weeks.
Our medical staff works in close collaboration with other Sansum Clinic departments. As a team, our care is devoted to your good health. We also work closely with, and refer to, leading specialists and care centers.