The Sansum Clinic comprehensive diabetes education program provides up-to date information and support so you can manage your diabetes for the best health possible. Our program is recognized by the American Diabetes Association and gives you the tools and knowledge you need.
Diabetes and Pre-diabetes Basics – offered in English and in Spanish.
- Do you have pre-diabetes or is your blood sugar a little high? This program is your chance to prevent diabetes and to feel better.
- Have you been told you have diabetes? Our program is an excellent update for all people with diabetes and a must for anyone newly diagnosed.
Click here to sign-up for Diabetes and Pre-diabetes Basics.
Click here to sign-up for Los Conceptos Basicos de Diabetes y Pre-diabetes.
Individual Diabetes Education
After attending Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes Basics, you can meet with our educators to tailor your care to meet your personal concerns. They will help you to:
- Fine-tune your diabetes management skills
- Use new strategies for preventing complications
- Develop in-depth understanding of meal planning
- Select healthy, enjoyable meals when dining out
- Cope with and reduce stress, minimizing its effect on blood sugar levels
- Incorporate preventive health care habits into your daily routine
- Establish a personal exercise plan for superb blood sugar control
- Feel secure and have fun, with good strategies for travel and parties
You may make an appointment with the Diabetes Educators below:
Diana Bullock, RN, CDE
Gerri French, MS, RD, CDE
Emily Luxford, MS, RD
Lyda Martin, RN, CDE
You may also be interested in:
Our Registered Dietitian Nutritionist leads a monthly discussion for people interested in food, health & longevity. Join this group to:
- Discuss a variety of popular nutrition topics
- Clarify confusion about food
- Learn ways to keep blood sugar, cholesterol and weight in a healthy range
- Meet others with an interest in eating for health and vitality
Free of charge and open to the community.
Click here to sign up for Nutrition Navigator.
Nutrition for a Healthy Heart
Join our Registered Dietitian Nutritionist for a discussion on simple steps toward heart health. You will learn:
- What your lab tests mean
- Facts about fats and fiber
- How to choose enjoyable heart-healthy meals at home and dining out
- Most current approaches including Mediterranean Diet and Anti-inflammation Diet
Click here to sign up for Nutrition for a Healthy Heart.