Coordinator Medical Services, Physical Therapy - T031
037390 - Physical Therapy
Full Time Temp
The selected candidate will ensure and optimize the efficient delivery of patient flow and paperwork for Sansum Clinic services. Job functions will be modified and improved as necessary to promote a team effort.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Greets patients in a polite, prompt, and helpful manner. Provide any necessary instructions/directions. Provides exemplary customer service to patients and staff.
2. Completes necessary paperwork and assures accuracy of it.
3. Uses Sansum Clinic Practice Management System to update patient information necessary for billing.
4. Provides patient with necessary forms needing completion, obtains signatures as necessary.
5. Informs department via Sansum Clinic Practice Management System of the arrival of patients.
6. Maintains a clean and orderly waiting area, including reading materials and replenishment of brochures.
7. Answers telephones, screens, and provides information in a pleasant manner while dealing with patients expeditiously.
8. Answers questions regarding patient appointment and testing.
9. May assist in maintaining patient charts.
10. Uses Sansum Clinic Practice Management System to book/coordinate complex appointment schedules and reschedule patient appointments.
11. Relays messages accurately to staff via electronic Medical Record System and processes tasks from the appropriate MSC Task List.
12. May be responsible for maintaining patient referrals process, prior authorization from insurance companies, and other clerical functions within the department.
13. Attends meetings as required.
14. Maintains strictest confidentiality in accordance with Sansum Clinic policy.
15. Assists with all aspects of administration within the assigned facility as well as physicians, nursing staff and triage to ensure the smooth flow of patients in order to optimize physician and patient time and departmental efficiency.
16. Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
38 Hours Per Week
> Must have the ability to speak clearly and concisely.
> Must be able to read, write, spell, speak and comprehend English.
> Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
> Must be proficient with keyboarding and computer programs.
> Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
> Must be able to use standard office equipment.
> Must be able to handle multi-line telephone system.
> Must have strong ability to multitask and maintain an organized work area.
> High School diploma or equivalent.
> One (1) year customer and clerical support experience.
> Medical office experience preferred as well as knowledge of medical terminology.
Employee must pass the Sansum Clinic pre-placement physical screening exam.