The selected candidate will provide assistance with Cardiology diagnosis and related patient care offered by the Clinic to the community it serves. Clinic positions are dynamic. Job functions will be modified and improved as necessary to promote a team effort.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Prepare equipment and patients and perform and record data for:
b. Doppler studies including Color Floor Mapping, pulse wave, continuous wave, M-mode, 2-D.
c. Exercise echo studies utilizing bicycle ergometer or treadmill
d. Holter monitors
e. ECG testing
2. Perform measurements and calculations on data derived.
3. Assist Cardiologist in analyzing and reporting data derived from echo studies.
4. File and log studies and prepare billing forms in accordance with department and Clinic procedures.
5. Instruct patients and answer questions regarding procedures.
6. Coordinate appointments with department receptionist and scheduling department.
7. Orient, train, and evaluate technical staff.
8. Coordinate work schedule to maintain smooth patient flow and quality patient care.
9. Maintain department records in an orderly and accessible manner in accordance with accepted medical records practices.
10. Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
36 Hours Per Week
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and abilities of personnel placed in similar or the same positions.
> Must have the ability to speak clearly and concisely.
> Must be able to read, write, spell, speak and comprehend English.
> Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
> Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
> Requires current CPR certification.
> Must pass the Sansum Clinic clerical and clinical tests.
> High School diploma or equivalent supplemented by college level course work in Cardiac anatomy and physiology and at least two years as a Medical Assistant or EKG Technician.
> Experience of at least two years as a Cardio Technician, or any combination of education or training which will demonstrate possession of knowledge and abilites of the position preferred.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is that of an office environment typical of a medical practice, hospital or clinic. There may be potential exposure to body fluids, chemicals, and contagious disease. Personal protective equipment may be required. The job requires extended periods of sitting, some standing, bending, stooping, lifting and walking.
Employee must pass the Sansum Clinic pre-placement physical screening exam.