The selected candidate will plan and organize all clinical aspects of the radiation therapy department.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Establishes and implements radiologic policies and procedures. Makes recommendations for improvement.
2. Maintains the quality of radiation therapy procedures, and services. Reviews quality of procedures and services.
3. Simulates and schedules course of treatment as directed and prescribed by the Radiation Oncologist.
4. Administers treatment accurately and safely: monitors and reports untoward effects, reactions, therapeutic responses, and incompatibilities.
5. Applies principles of radiation protection at all times
6. Researches and recommends new equipment and software.
7. Selects and trains/orients departmental personnel. Assigns work and supervises daily operations.
8. Maintains and inspects equipment and materials. Introduces and demonstrates new equipment and techniques. Conducts in-service training.
9. Assists in development of the financial plan and monitors the allocation of resources.
10. Maintains departmental payroll records. Approves time cards and overtime.
11. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
12. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
13. Handles confidential matters concerning clinic policies and practices in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
14. Maintains strictest confidentiality.
15. Performs related work as required.
40 Hours Per Week
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of Radiation Therapy to direct and backup the activities of staff.
- Knowledge of radiology standards to monitor and evaluate work of therapist.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology sufficient to corroborate appropriate treatment.
- Knowledge of Radiation Therapy equipment and testing to determine needs and evaluate equipment for purchase.
- Knowledge of safety requirements to provide instructions and to recognize and correct hazardous conditions.
- Skill in anticipating and reacting calmly to emergency situations.
- Skill in writing reports and preparing correspondence.
- Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance.
- Skill in providing guidance and instruction to therapists.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
- Ability to evaluate utilization statistics and other data and make program recommendations.
- Ability to determine budget needs and maintain expenditures within budget.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Completion of course in Radiation Therapy approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Three years of experience as a Radiation Therapist.
- Two years of supervisory experience including administrative and budgetary duties.
- Current certification (ARRT) with the American Registry of Radiologic Technology, (CRT) in Therapeutic Radiologic Technology.
- Ability to contribute to a safe, amiable working environment.
Employee must pass the Sansum Clinic pre-placement physical screening exam.