The selected candidate will ensure and optimize the efficient delivery of patient care by assisting the Physical Therapist in delegated patient related tasks and non-patient related tasks while under the orders, direction and immediate supervision of the physical therapist. Job functions will be modified and improved as necessary to promote a team effort.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Greets patients in polite, prompt, helpful manner. Provide any necessary instructions/directions.
2. Uses Sansum Clinic computer system to update patient information necessary for billing. Completes necessary paperwork and assures accuracy of it. Provides patient with necessary forms needing completion, obtains signatures as necessary.
3. Maintains clean, orderly waiting and treatment areas including reading materials and replenishment of brochures, supplies and equipment. Keeps treatment areas clean, organized and unobstructed. Cleans equipment after treatment.
4. Answers questions regarding patient appointment and testing. Assists in assembling patient charts for next day visits.
5. Uses Sansum Clinic computer system to book/coordinate complex appointment schedules and reschedule patient appointments. Relays, via computer system necessary messages with extreme accuracy to staff.
6. Attends meetings as required.
7. Maintains strictest confidentiality in accordance with Sansum Clinic policy.
8. Provides exemplary customer service to patients and staff.
9. Prioritizes work activities based on clinic demands to complete assignments within designated timeframes with little to no supervision.
10. Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
38 Hours Per Week
> High School diploma or equivalent.
> One (1) year customer and clerical support experience.
> Completion of on-the-job orientation and training program as a Physical Therapy Aide.
Medical office experience preferred as well as knowledge of medical terminology.
Employee must pass the Sansum Clinic pre-placement physical screening exam.