(This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Under minimal supervision, answers incoming telephone calls on a busy multi-line switchboard effectively and professionally.
2. Performs paging function over the public address system.
3. Maintains accurate records of calls as appropriate.
4. Takes messages when necessary and communicates messages in a timely and professional manner.
5. Follows procedures for codes and reaching physicians after hours. Uses good judgment in triaging calls and deciding when to page employees and physicians.
6. May perform various clerical work as time allows.
7. Good communication skills and empathy required for heavy patient contact.
8. Must be able to work under pressure and effectively interface with upset or angry people.
9. Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
36 Hours Per Week
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and abilities of personnel placed in similar or the same positions. Must be able to read, write, spell, speak and comprehend English. Must be able to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to memorize numbers, codes and procedures.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent. Previous multi-line switchboard and reception experience required. Bilingual (Spanish) and medical terminology experience helpful but not required.