SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This summary may not include all of the duties assigned.)
• Direct and monitor business office staff. Define job responsibilities of new and existing staff. Set-up and monitor new hires.
• Assist patients in account queries, rebilling and complaints.
• Assist in the claims process to ensure timeliness and validity. Assist Manager and Director with claims/billing projects.
• Follow up on unpaid accounts, claims and re-submissions.
• Participate in job evaluations, performance evaluations and discipline.
• Maintain strictest confidentially in accordance with Sansum Clinic policy.
• Participate in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
Date of Listing
40 Hours Per Week
QUALIFICATIONS: Requires the ability to perform both accurately and in a timely manner all essential functions of the job. The position requires basic arithmetic skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required by those currently employed in similar capacities. Must have the ability to work in an environment where a high level of detail is required. Knowledge of insurance billing procedures is mandatory. Ability to collect data, interpret information, define and solve problems a must. Proficiency in the operation of standard office equipment including ten-key by touch and keyboarding at 55 wpm is required. Must have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively with all levels of Sansum Clinic staff and clientele in English. Must pass the Sansum Clinic general office skills test.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 1 year experience in accounting and customer service environment.