(This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Greets patients in a polite, prompt, and helpful manner while dealing with them expeditiously.
2. Provides any necessary instructions/directions to patient.
3. Completes and gathers necessary paperwork and assures accuracy of it.
4. Uses Sansum Clinic Practice Management System to verify and update patient information necessary for billing.
5. Collects co-pays/deposits/payments on account and documents the receipt of them in Sansum Clinic Practice Management System.
6. Balances applicable payments and other money with Sansum Clinic Practice Management System at the end of shift. Responsible, at the end of shift, to account for all payments received and deliver cash/checks/charges to the appointed individual. Follows Sansum Clinic cash handling polices.
7. Maintains a clean and orderly working area.
8. Answers telephones.
9. Attends meetings as required.
10. Maintains strictest confidentiality in accordance with Sansum Clinic policy.
11. Performs related work as required within the assigned facility to ensure the smooth flow of patients in order to optimize physician and patient time as well as departmental efficiency.
12. Provides exemplary customer service to patients and staff.
13. Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
36 Hours Per Week
High School diploma or equivalent. One (1) year customer and clerical support experience in medical setting. Knowledge of medical terminology, as well as general knowledge of medical insurance.