Responsible for providing overall leadership, administering, directing, planning and coordinating all functions within the Branch to ensure accomplishment of Sansum Clinic objectives. Job functions will be modified and improved as necessary to promote a team effort.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Manages all functions related to the daily operation of the Branch.
2. Works closely with Supervisor’s, leads and Director.
3. Manages and delegates staff work assignments, and/or delegates to Supervisor or lead.
4. Establishes and implements standards Sansum Clinic goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems.
5. Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness and modifying activities as necessary. Ensures that work areas are staffed appropriately, and/or delegates to Supervisor or lead.
6. Establishes deadlines for work assignments and completion. Monitors work status and progress.
7. Identifies, analyzes and resolves work problems.
8. Assists in the recruiting, hiring, orientation, development and evaluation of staff.
9. Approves employee timecards and reports leaves to Human Resources along with Supervisor.
10. Prepares and administers annual performance evaluations to staff along with Supervisor.
11. Approves office and other supply inventory.
12. Ensures that patients are treated courteously by office staff per Sansum Clinic customer service protocols and other visitors are screened and properly directed per Sansum Clinic policy.
13. Works with other Sansum Clinic staff and agencies to ensure efforts are coordinated and high quality patient care is provided.
14. Participates in fiscal viability of Sansum Clinic by evaluating processes, looking at staffing and department purchases.
15. Sets professional example for staff adhering to Sansum Clinic policies and procedures.
16. Serves as a liaison and channel of communication between the Doctors and other medical and administrative staff.
17. Resolves any medical-administrative problems and keeps lines of communication open with staff to ensure high employee morale and a professional healthful Branch atmosphere.
18. Participates in departmental staff meetings as well as management meetings.
19. Maintains strictest confidentiality in accordance with Sansum Clinic policy.
20. Participates in department quality improvement activities, clinical safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
21. Attends Nurse Supervisor, MSC Supervisor, Management team, or any other committee meetings as needed.
Date of Listing
40 Hours Per Week
Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and abilities of personnel placed in similar or the same positions. Ability to make independent, reasoned judgments and resolve problems. Ability to read, interpret and apply policies and procedures. Skill in evaluating the effectiveness of existing methods and procedures. Skill in planning, organizing, delegating and supervising. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff effectively. Knowledge of medical practices, terminology and reimbursement policies as well as services administered by Sansum Clinic. Knowledge of computer applications.