(This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Answer telephones and assist callers, route calls, take messages.
2. Greet visitors.
3. Anticipate needs and handles a variety of matters involving contact with various staff at all levels and customers.
4. Assists with flow, delivery and retention of paperwork from and through the department. This may include: correspondence, records, reports or other specific information.
5. May arrange for meetings or conferences as assigned.
6. Compose correspondence and disseminate to appropriate individuals.
7. Prepares various documents and handles confidential matters in accordance with Sansum Clinic rules and procedures.
8. Maintains strictest confidentiality in accordance with Sansum Clinic policy.
9. Uses available equipment i.e. photocopier, computer, word processor, calendars, e-mail, phones, files and fax machine to accomplish tasks required by the department.
10. Participates in department quality improvement activities, clinical safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
36 Hours Per Week
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and abilities of personnel placed in similar or the same positions. Must be able to read, write, spell and speak and comprehend English. Must keyboard up to forty-five (45) wpm accurately and be proficient with computers and standard office equipment. Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent and preferably additional higher education. Must have one year experience working in a substantially similar administrative role, preferably in a medical setting.