(This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Receives prescriptions from patients, checking all prescriptions for completeness of information, and verifying patient information and physician authorization
2. Enters patient data and prescription information into the computer system under the direction of Pharmacist and Technician.
3. Answers phones taking refill orders and directing drug information questions to the Pharmacist.
4. Faxes/calls requests for refill prescriptions.
5. Files signature files and prepares billing.
6. Assists with inventory control of medications.
7. Helps order supplies and medications.
8. Operates cash registers and performs transactions.
9. Gives patients proper receipts.
10. Makes reasonable efforts to verify patient identity when completing transactions.
11. Cleans pharmacy work area and waiting room.
12. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested. Participates in staff development and education activities.
13. Maintains strictest confidentiality in accordance with Sansum Clinic policy.
14. Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
15 Hours Per Week
High School diploma or equivalent. Incumbent must have some prior cash handling experience. Previous work experience in a similar capacity in a pharmacy setting preferred.