(This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Performs various dosimetry duties including but not limited to the following:
? Collection of patient data including contours and tumor volume.
? Construction of bolus, molds, casts, biteblocks and beam blocks.
? Quality assurance chart checks.
? Dose calculations, isodose distributions, point dose and off axis calculations.
? Handling and loading of radioactive sources.
? Isodose distributions for high dose rate, low dose rate, interstitial, intracavitary, external beam and stereotactic radiotherapy procedures.
? Radiotherapy machine quality assurance.
2. Coordinates radiation therapy services in accordance with clinic and governmental standards.
3. Suggests departmental goals and objectives
4. Recommends and implements department policies and procedures.
5. Participates in the assessment of staffing needs.
6. Trains/orients departmental personnel. Supervises daily operation.
7. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
8. Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
9. Enhances professional growth through education programs, conferences and workshops
10. Handles confidential matters concerning clinic policies and practices in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
11. Performs related work as required
40 Hours Per Week
Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of Radiation Therapy. Knowledge of radiology standards to monitor and evaluate work of therapist. Knowledge of anatomy and physiology sufficient to corroborate appropriate treatment. Knowledge of Radiation Therapy equipment and testing to determine needs and evaluate equipment for purchase. Knowledge of safety requirements to provide instructions and to recognize and correct hazardous conditions. Skill in anticipating and reacting calmly to emergency situations. Skill in writing reports and preparing correspondence. Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Skill in providing guidance and instruction to therapists. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, physicians, and staff. Skill in identifying and resolving problems. Ability to evaluate utilization statistics and other data and make program recommendations. . Ability to contribute to a safe, amiable working environment. Ability to communicate clearly. Completion of course in Radiation Therapy approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Four years of experience as a Radiation Therapist. Current certification (ARRT) with the American Registry of Radiologic Technology, California license (CRT) in Therapeutic Radiologic Technology. Certified Medical Dosimetrist (CMD) preferred.