(This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Greets patients in a polite, prompt, and helpful manner. Provides any necessary instructions/directions. Provides exemplary customer service to patients and staff.
2. Obtains insurance information, patient co-payments or deposits as necessary prior to providing services and any other necessary information. Assists patients in completing all necessary forms.
3. Ensures patient demographics and insurance payer information exists that provides the contact information necessary to begin the authorization process.
4. Answers telephones, screens, and provides information in a pleasant manner while dealing with patients expeditiously.
5. Relays messages accurately to staff and processes tasks from the appropriate task lists.
6. Registers patients obtaining all information needed for new patient appointments and nuclear medicine procedures.
7. Communicates appropriate information to patients regarding preparation for tests and time of appointments.
8. Coordinates with appropriate departments to ensure timely exchange of information related to patient appointment.
9. If co-payments are received, follows clinic cash handling polices.
10. Performs quality control of registration by reviewing appointment schedules to verify patient information has been obtained completely and accurately.
11. Handles some medical records responsibilities.
12. Distributes incoming mail, reports, etc. to appropriate persons.
13. Ensures the smooth flow of patients in order to optimize physician and patient time and clinic efficiency.
14. Maintains a clean and orderly waiting area, including reading materials, replenishment of brochures and refreshments.
15. Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
16. Enhances professional growth and development through in-service meetings and education programs.
17. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
18. Handles confidential matters concerning clinic policies and practices in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
19. Performs related work as required.
36 Hours Per Week
Knowledge of medical scheduling procedures and an understanding of medical terminology. Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation for patient information. Skill in operating office equipment. Skill in answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner. Ability to speak clearly and concisely. Ability to be highly organized and prioritize tasks well. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to sort and file materials numerically and alphabetically with minimal errors. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public. Ability to contribute to a safe and amiable working environment. Ability to multitask and maintain an organized work area. High School diploma or equivalent required. Computer proficiency required. One year of work experience, preferably in a medical clinic. English/Spanish fluency preferred.