PURPOSE: To ensure efficient claims submissions and statement processing for services rendered by Sansum Clinic. Job functions will be modified and improved as necessary to promote a team effort.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This summary may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Process billing calls by fielding questions and answering requests verbally and in writing.
2. Assist patients in completing forms.
3. Submit claims to insurance carriers and attorneys to ensure timely payment to Sansum Clinic for services rendered.
4. Follow up on unpaid accounts, claims and re-submissions.
5. Maintain strictest confidentially in accordance with Sansum Clinic policy.
6. Participate in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
40 Hours Per Week
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required by those currently employed in similar capacities.
• Requires the ability to perform both accurately and in a timely manner all essential functions of the job.
• The position requires basic arithmetic skills.
• Must have the ability to work in an environment where a high level of detail is required.
• Knowledge of insurance billing procedures is preferred.
• Ability to collect data, interpret information, define and solve problems a must.
• Proficiency in the operation of standard office equipment including ten-key by touch and keyboarding at 45 wpm is required.
• Must have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively with all levels of Sansum Clinic staff and clientele in English.
• Must pass the Sansum Clinic general office skills test.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent, and a minimum of six (6) months experience in a medical billing and/or customer service environment.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is that of an office environment typical of a medical practice, hospital or Clinic. There may be limited exposure to communicable disease. The job requires extended periods of sitting, some standing, bending, stooping and walking.
This position requires passing the Sansum Clinic pre-placement physical screening examination.