(This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Contact patients based on pre-established work files to update and confirm current insurances.
2. Review current eligibility of patients via telephone or online with appropriate carrier.
3. Maintain accurate and current insurance files for FFS patients.
4. Maintain in-depth knowledge of IDX insurance dictionaries and understanding of enrollment rosters.
5. Complete assigned files in timelines defined by department manager or Director.
6. Follow all protocols in adding or editing patient insurance file or history.
7. Other duties as assigned by Department Manager or Director.
8. Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
9. Maintain database integrity by following protocol for database additions and edits to provide clients with required application functionality for eligibility.
10. Maintain current in-depth knowledge of IDX Enrollment functionality and participate in system upgrades and testing.
11. Manage the Pending HMO FSC by working outstanding accounts and making the appropriate charge corrections and FSC changes. Run system audits to make sure staff are using Pending HMO FSC correctly. Keep Pending HMO TES workfile up to date.
12. Work closely with the Benefits Administrator to determine benefits for enrolled patients.
13. Aid in the development of policies and procedures as they relate to the IDX applications.
14. Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
40 Hours Per Week
Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and abilities of personnel placed in similar or the same positions. Must have the ability to communicate English effectively in verbal and written form. Must have the ability to work in a changing environment and handle multiple conflicting priorities. Basic keyboard and data entry skills required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent; excellent typing skills and strong communication skills. Experience in registration, insurance billing, or other related health care jobs helpful.