SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that is most important to get the job done.
1. Ensuring the completion of all pre-arrival tasks in order to ensure patient access and maximize reimbursement for physician and clinical services.2. Manage the Pre-Arrival staff to include recruiting and selection, training, employee development, mentoring, counseling, and performance evaluations.
3. Monitor and adjust Pre-Arrival edits in consultation with Business Office so that all potential problems are identified, and reviewed.
Ensure all pre-arrival tasks are assigned to the appropriate staff, and completed accurately and within established standards and timeframes.
4. Review, develop, and recommend new policies and procedures to enhance effectiveness of pre-arrival processes.
5. Establish departmental goals in regards to recovery, production, and turnaround time in consultation with department Director.
6. Recommend enhancements to the IDX system to augment and automate pre-arrival tasks as appropriate, and insure completion of those recommendations.
7. Interface with other departments and act as liaison to resolve problems affecting the pre-arrival team, and registration process.
8. Maintain established phone answering guidelines.
9. Provide assistance to staff with patients they are unable to handle or resolve.
40 Hours Per Week
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and abilities of personnel placed in similar or the same positions.
Minimum of five years of experience in Front Office or Business Office operations, with minimum of three years in a supervisory role.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent; some secondary (college) education desirable.