VOLUNTEERS play a major role at the Sansum Clinic Health Resource Center. From technical assistance in the preparation of library materials to working with patrons as they search for answers to their health questions, our volunteers make it possible for us to provide the quality service and caring environment that each person desires.
We would like to thank our current Health Resource Center Volunteers:
Volunteers work a minimum of two hours each week and receive training by the coordinator and health education staff. They may attend other special training classes on internet researching. The requirements for HRC Volunteer include:
- Six month commitment to a weekly shift
- Computer literacy, experience with online search tools
- Willingness to attend on-going trainings and semi-annual meetings
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and on the telephone
- Professional appearance and strong commitment to community service
For more information, phone (805) 681-7672. Our volunteers commit as little as 2 hours per week, and training is provided.