Sansum Clinic has been a driving force behind the Santa Barbara Breast Care Alliance - Santa Barbara's new "breast center without walls" - a partnership between surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, and plastic surgeons and other care givers in our community who have joined to deliver a multidisciplinary approach to caring for women with breast cancer.
Breast Cancer Accreditation
The Breast Care Alliance recently received the prestigious honor of full accreditation by the National Accreditation Programs for Breast Centers (NAPBC), administered by the American College of Surgeons.
NAPBC accreditation means that a center has undergone a rigorous application process and onsite survey to ensure that it meets high-level standards in leadership, clinical management, research, community outreach, professional education and quality improvement.
Comprehensive Breast Cancer Care
We are proud of Sansum Clinic's role in the Breast Care Alliance's receipt of this prestigious accreditation. As part of the Alliance, we are proud to offer Santa Barbara residents comprehensive breast cancer care and support while also facilitating continuous practice and quality improvement for the medical community.
Alliance members include:
- Surgeons specializing in breast surgery, including lumpectomy and mastectomy
- Medical oncologists who treat cancers with systemic drugs
- Radiation oncologists who specialize in the type and length of radiation treatments
- Radiologists who are highly skilled in diagnostic breast examinations and biopsy techniques
- Pathologists who examine tissue specimens to diagnose cancer and other diseases
- Breast care navigators who address the psychosocial impacts of breast cancer care and work closely with the specialists to coordinate your care plan and provide additional education and support
Breast Care Alliance members work closely to ensure that breast cancer patients receive comprehensive, coordinated care from an interdisciplinary team of breast disease specialists. The center without walls exemplifies the continued strong commitment of providers in Santa Barbara to offer the highest quality breast care possible.