(This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Greets patients in a polite, prompt, and helpful manner. Provide any necessary instructions/directions. Provides exemplary customer service to patients and staff.
2. Completes necessary paperwork and assures accuracy of it.
3. Uses Sansum Clinic Practice Management System to update patient information necessary for billing.
4. Provides patient with necessary forms needing completion, obtains signatures as necessary.
5. Informs department via Sansum Clinic Practice Management System of the arrival of patients.
6. Maintains a clean and orderly waiting area, including reading materials and replenishment of brochures.
7. Answers telephones, screens, and provides information in a pleasant manner while dealing with patients expeditiously.
8. Answers questions regarding patient appointment and testing.
9. May assist in maintaining patient charts.
10. Uses Sansum Clinic Practice Management System to book/coordinate complex appointment schedules and reschedule patient appointments.
11. Relays messages accurately to staff via electronic Medical Record System and processes tasks from the appropriate MSC Task List.
12. May be responsible for maintaining patient referrals process, prior authorization from insurance companies, and other clerical functions within the department.
13. Attends meetings as required.
14. Maintains strictest confidentiality in accordance with Sansum Clinic policy.
15. Assists with all aspects of administration within the assigned facility as well as physicians, nursing staff and triage to ensure the smooth flow of patients in order to optimize physician and patient time and departmental efficiency.
16. Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
40 Hours Per Week
High School diploma or equivalent. One (1) year customer and clerical support experience. Medical office experience preferred as well as knowledge of medical terminology.