GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Assists Cancer Center Administration with daily activities including involvement with Cancer Foundation administration. Schedules appointments, gives information to callers and staff, and otherwise relieves officials of clerical work, administrative and business detail.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Manages and anticipates the needs of Cancer Center Administration and Cancer Foundation business.
2. Coordinates projects, anticipates needs, gathers information and develops responses as requested.
3. Contributes to the overall efficiency and quality of clinic operations.
4. Answers inquiries or refers callers/visitors, disseminates information to appropriate individuals, and provides clerical support
5. Reads, routes and coordinates responses to incoming mail.
6. Arranges appointments, meetings and conferences for Administration, Board or organization-wide activities. Contacts the appropriate persons to attend, arranges for audio visual equipment, and refreshments. Maintains travel arrangements and appointment calendar.
7. Responsible for a variety of matters involving trustees, physicians, management and staff is responsible for communication materials related to the meetings (agendas, presentations, minutes, follow up correspondence, etc.).
8. Develops and implements office procedures to coordinate communication and systems amongst oncology staff.
9. Informs CCSB Administration of operational problems. Determines action necessary in manager’s absence and handles matters not requiring management disposition.
10. Responsible for human resources support for Cancer Foundation business as well as providing human resources guidance to Cancer Center staff.
11. Handles variety of matters involving contact with various staff, board members, medical committees, government agencies, and the public.
12. Assists with coordination of volunteers, interns and students.
13. Participates in event planning committees.
14. Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
15. Attends meetings or conferences as assigned and reports on major points, actions resolved or to be taken.
16. Handles confidential matters concerning clinic policies and practices in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
17. Assists other staff as requested.
18. Performs related work as required.
40 Hours Per Week
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
-Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and systems; office management techniques and practices; and of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
-Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
-Ability to communicate and present information.
-Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies and procedures.
-Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
-Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
-Ability to effectively communicate the mission and services of the Cancer Center to a variety of audiences orally and in written form.
-Ability to coordinate projects efficiently and effectively.
Computer proficiency required.
Bachelor’s degree in communication, business, or related field.
At least four years of administrative experience including experience in a healthcare organization.