(This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Perform chores primarily of a clerical nature designed to culminate in receivables by third parties for services rendered.
2. Fields questions and requests both verbally and in writing concerning patient accounts.
3. Assist patients in completing necessary forms.
4. Submits claims to insurance carriers and attorneys to ensure timely correct payment.
5. Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
40 Hours Per Week
High School diploma or equivalent and minimum of 6 months experience in an accounting or customer service environment required. Attention to detail and knowledge of insurance billing procedures highly desirable.