(This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Provides general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments (same as #6 below) in accordance with nursing standards demonstrating positive outcomes in patient care.
2. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care.
3. Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness.
4. May prepare equipment and aid physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
5. Observes, records and reports patient’s condition. Documents and reports reaction to drugs and treatments to providers.
6. Educates patient/family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness.
7. May be asked to act as a team leader and coordinate nursing care for patients in the home department.
8. Triages to ensure appointment preferences are given to patients in emergency situations.
9. Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriation information.
10. Responds to, documents and refers incoming patient treatment-related phone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
11. Maintains/reviews patient charts, records and other pertinent information. May post test and examination results.
12. Maintains strict patient confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA.
13. Must thoroughly understand and follow established policy and procedure under minimal supervision as well as make decisions within established clinical nursing standards.
14. Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
36 Hours Per Week
Must have a valid license in the State of California as a Registered Nurse. Current CPR certification at time of hire. (ACLS and PALS may be required for specific departments. i.e. Pediatrics and Urgent Care). New graduates are welcome, however, a minimum of one (1) or two (2) years recent acute care or ambulatory care experience as an RN is preferred. This position requires passing the Sansum Clinic RN/LVN and Clerical competency examination with a score of 85% on each.