Give a Compliment
Keeping you healthy is our mission; delivering warm, compassionate care is our pleasure. The personal stories and kind compliments of patients are part of what inspire our staff to maintain Sansum Clinic's history of excellence. If you have a compliment about our patient care, we welcome the opportunity to hear it:
- In person at Sansum Clinic, 317 West Pueblo St., Santa Barbara, CA 93105 or Sansum Clinic, 215 Pesetas Lane, Santa Barbara, CA 93110. Please ask to speak to the onsite Patient Liaison.
- By phoning or writing Quality Management Department, Sansum Clinic, 470 South Patterson Ave, Santa Barbara, CA 93111
You may also submit our Online Patient Feedback Form or submit your story online to our Grateful Patient Stories
Patient Complaint Policy
We take pride in providing outstanding health care in a compassionate and caring environment. If you have experienced a problem with any Sansum Clinic service, we want to address it.
Sansum Clinic has a formal process for reviewing patient complaints. This process provides a uniform and equitable approach for resolving patient complaints and for providing a prompt response.
Sansum Clinic shall ensure that all patients have access to and can fully participate in the complaint system by providing assistance for those with limited English proficiency or with visual or other communication impairment.
Steps in the Process
1. You may file your complaint with Sansum Clinic though one of the following methods:
1.) completing a Patient Feedback Form which can be found in all reception areas and on the clinic website: Online Patient Feedback Form,
2.) writing to the Quality Management Department at PO Box 6366, Santa Barbara, CA 93160, or
3.) calling or visiting a Patient Liaison at Sansum Clinic 317 West Pueblo St, Santa Barbara, CA 93105, (805) 898-3404; or Sansum Clinic 215 Pesetas Lane, Santa Barbara, CA 93110, (805) 681-7557. You may also authorize someone to represent you.
2. We will contact you within five business days to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence.
3. We will fully investigate your complaint by reviewing appropriate medical records and obtaining responses from physicians and other involved staff. Complaints that involve the quality of care that you have received from a Clinic physician or other provider will be reviewed by the Sansum Clinic Quality of Care Committee. The Quality of Care Committee is comprised of several physicians and quality assurance specialists. The Quality Management staff will work with department managers to resolve other types of non-provider related complaints.
4. We will provide a response to you within 30 calendar days after we receive your complaint. We will contact you in advance if we require more than 30 days to complete the review for reasons such as a delay in obtaining outside records or other information which you have authorized us to obtain.
5. If you have submitted a complaint to your health plan about Sansum Clinic or its providers your health plan will contact us and request our assistance in their investigation. We will cooperate fully and provide them with timely and complete information.